This morning, I had my ultrasound and it turns out that I have 2 dominant follicles, one on each side. I guess the number is normal, even though some doctors hope that you have at least 3 dominant follicles if you take fertility meds. I think my dose was just too low to yield more follicles and since there is one on each side, I think it is okay. Well, I hope it is and I try not too worry about it too much.
I also think I saw a third one on one side, but I am not sure. How is anybody supposed to tell what all the blobs on the screen really mean anyway. The technician did not even measure the third blob because it was smaller than the other two follicles.
The follicles the technician measured were not big enough yet. That did not really surprise me because I usually don`t ovulate as early as they had me come in. Normally, I need about 3 or 4 more days and that is exactly what the nurse told me afterwards. She said to monitor my ovulation and call in once I am ovulating. So, that`s what I will do. More waiting and monitoring...
On a very positive note: My uterine lining was excellent. It was quite thick and I think if the swimmers are successful the egg will have a nice and warm uterus waiting for it to snuggle in. Do you hear that egg?
After my doctor`s visit, I drove home and bought a blender. I know it sounds weird when I write it like this but I always wanted to make spinach smoothies. I heard it is good for the baby and also for losing weight. So, this afternoon, I made my very first spinach smoothie and it was scrumptious! Maybe the extra spinach boost will help the follicles mature and grow stronger and healthier!
No comments:
Post a Comment