Sunday, June 23, 2013

Two Week Wait - My list of distractions

In the SMC forum, somebody posted a link to a list of things to do during the two week wait. I loved that list, it was so funny. So, I thought I would like to come up with my own list for my two week wait.

During my TWW, I will be on break from work. Even though, I always have work at home, too, there are less distractions at home. So, I think I need some routine and some daily projects to keep me from getting too impatient.

One of the challenges when it comes to writing my TWW list is that half-way through my TWW, I will travel to Europe. Maybe I will try to take my first pregnancy test in a plane over the Atlantic. Yikes! So, we will see how this is going to work out.

Anyway, here are some things I plan on doing as a daily routine:

* In the morning: A Bible Study
It is always a challenge for me to stick to a bible study until the end, but I have a good study and that I wanted to do for a long time. So, I think I will split it up in 14 parts, and do it during my TWW.

* During lunch: A good book
My bookshelves are full of books that I wanted to read for a long time. So, I picked a book that I want to tackle during the TWW.  Dividing the book up into 14 parts should work out pretty well. I am thinking, maybe I will tackle "The next best thing" by Jennifer Weiner.

* At night: A TV series
Every year on black friday, I buy DVDs with TV shows when they are on sale. However, I have not always the time to watch them from start to finish. So, I am thinking, I will pick a show that I have not finished yet, and I will watch 1 or 2 episodes at the end of the day. That way, I will make it through a season before I will fly home.

So, these are my routines, but then I should also try to find a special activity for each day. So far, I only have today planned:  A TaizĂ© worship. We will see what comes up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment