Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Mama-Bear-Mobil

When I picked an RE for this adventure, I chose one that is in the next bigger city. Since I wanted a good doctor, I did not mind the drive. But I always wondered, if it would be ideal to sit in my car for an hour or an hour and a half driving right after an IUI. I know they usually let you lie on their table for 15 min. or so after the procedure, but still.

So, I considered taking a hotel room for the day. Just so that I would have place to lie down for a little longer. But that just seemed awkward. And I might not find a room that I could move into right there in the morning.

So, if I want to lie down a little longer before I'll drive home, it has to be in my car. There is a huge parking lot in front of Dr. Stork's office and it is never really full. I could park my car on the side and lie there for a while. And so began Operation Mama-Bear-Mobil.

Here are some features of my Mama-Bear-Mobil:
* comfi seat that can be brought almost into horizontal position,
* extra soft and fluffy pillows to snuggle with while the swimmers race for my eggs,
* a thermos with yummy iced tea or ginger ale
* a good book about single motherhood to enhance positive thinking
* my iPod with relaxing music
* a diary and pen to capture the moment and jot down whatever comes to my mind right after the insemination

... there might also be some chocolate. For the nerves. I'm thinking creamy chocolate with nuts. Maybe...

Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I packed some Nutella. Who says, cravings can't start right after insemination?

No comments:

Post a Comment