So, this cycle, I got my hormone tests done. Everything looks perfectly normal. I am a fertile woman alright.
In the early morning hours, I drove over an hour to my doctor`s office and after 2 minutes, I was already done. I could have done the same testing at a local lab in my town, but oh well. I don`t want to complain. I am so so so glad that the results are normal and that I do not have to spend additional money on hormone therapy which may or may not work.
Every test and exam Dr. Storck had me do over the past months came back normal. I still don`t know why I have some strange cycles once in a while, but maybe it is just stress related.
In any case, I decided to use a fertility drug: Clomid. If there is something wrong with my reproductive system that Dr. Storck has just not detected yet, I hope the meds will help. Even without fertility problems or hormone imbalances, the fertility meds will help to raise my chances for conception. I am usually not big into taking medication, but in this case, I want to give every try my very best.
The nurse asked me for the number of a pharmacy to call in the prescription. Since I never use medication, I do not have a pharmacy that I usually go to, so I picked the first one that came to mind because I pass it almost every day.
Yup, that was a mistake!
When I came in, the pharmacist had no clue about anything. He had completely misspelled my name and the doctor`s name. When I corrected him, he said, the person who called in probably did not know the spelling of the doctor`s name either.
Yeah, right. The nurse does not know which doctor she works for.
I should have left right then and there, but this is about my baby and I am ready to take a lot of bullshit if it will potentially help me.
So, this guy fills out my customer profile and when he finally gets to the part when his colleague is about to pack the medication for me, they suddenly realize that they have no clue which dose I am supposed to get. The guy had written down 15mg, but the lowest dose is 50mg. So, there was a lot of confusion and discussion between the pharmacists. When I was just about to leave and say, "Thanks, but I think I should talk to my doctor again," they decided to give me 50mg. So, I waited for them to pack everything.
When the pharmacist handed me the medication, which of course I had to pay for out of my own pocket, because they could not figure out how to run it through my insurance, the pharmacist asked me if I had any questions left. I made the mistake to ask how I am supposed to take the medication, because I had read online that you can reduce the side effects by taking it at night. I wanted to hear if that was true or if I had to take it in the morning, if I should take it with a meal or before, etc. Long story short: Of course, he had no clue how I had to take this medication. He told me to talk to my doctor because the package just said to take a pill once a day. Why does he ask me if I have any questions if he cannot answer them anyway? I am never going back to this pharmacy.
But the most important part is: I got the right meds, everything is fine and I am ready to move forward. So, let`s do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment