Saturday, April 27, 2013

Paying and Planning

This week, I got a bill from Dr. Stork listing all the things that my insurance did not cover and that I have to pay myself, now. Ugh! It was a pretty steep bill and my insurance should have covered these things, but they said it was the way that Dr. Stork's office coded them. If they had coded them differently, then I should have been covered.

So, I called Dr. Stork to find out what the issue was, but her nurse, let's call her Nurse Nancy, told me that the doctor makes the decisions and that she only goes by what the doctor decides. So, no chance that they will try to submit them under a different code. Great! Also, I was charged for an ultrasound that should have been part of my yearly exam. Wonderful! I was a little angry and talked to Nurse Nancy for quite a while. I am about ready to switch doctors, but would like to at least try my first attempt with Dr. Stork.

Finally, Nurse Nancy said that since I had such good results during the exam last time, I would not need to have another ultrasound next time I came in. I had 22 viable follicles on day 12 (I usually ovulate on day 17-20) and she said that was a really good result. Woohoo! At least something.

Nurse Nancy said, I am ready to move on to the next step. I have not lost enough weight yet, but she did not say anything about that being an issue. I also asked her if they received the report from the counselor and she said they did and that would be all they required. It sounded almost like they did not even care what the counselor really wrote.

Then Nancy asked me if I had already picked out a sperm bank. I have not. I am going back and forth between two banks and I am still trying to make a decision...

She also said that Dr. Stork had offered me the option to take an oral fertility drug and she asked me if I had decided yet, if I wanted to do that. I am not quite sure about this either.

Ideally, I would like to start my first attempt in June. This gives me a little more time to lose some more weight and if it works the baby would be due at the end of March which I think would be great!


So, here is my plan for the next two months:

Within the next week: Decide on a bank and sign up with the bank.

After AF arrives in May: Send documents to Dr. Stork to sign so that I can order the vial once I am ready.

Mid May: Upgrade membership so that I can find out more about the donors.

Memorial Day: Wait to see if they have any specials for Memorial Day and place order. (I heard sometimes they offer holiday specials like free shipping or a free vial.)

Beginning of June: Go in to get my day 3 testing done and decide if to use fertility meds.

Mid to end of June: Hope that I will ovulate and give this my first and best try.

No comments:

Post a Comment