Saturday, April 13, 2013

Counseling Recap

So, I had my counseling session last week. After I had been really nervous, the session turned out okay. My counselor was really nice. She asked me a bunch of questions about my journey to single motherhood, how I came up with the decision, why I did not choose a different route, what I did to prepare etc.

I felt a little like during a job interview, but I think it went okay. There were a couple of times, when she suddenly started to take a lot of notes which made me a little nervous, but I was just being honest.

We did not even talk for 50 minutes when she said that she thinks I am very well prepared. She gave me a receipt and send me on my way. There was no talk about me having to come back, so I think I am good. She is going to write a report and send it to Dr. Stork and I just hope that this will be it.

I hope I "passed". I am not sure how I will find out, though...

At the moment, I am still going over donor profiles, searching for the best sperm bank. I think in a week or two, I will ask Dr. Stork to approve my sperm bank choice so that I can order sperm. If Dr. Stork does not like what the counselor wrote, I hope this will be the point in time when I will find out.

I still have my appointment with the other doctor in May and if worse comes to worse, I might switch doctors. But let's hope it won't come to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment