I just had my second IUI. More details about it later...
Has anybody ever noticed how people disappear over time. When I started this "journey to motherhood", I had friends rooting for me. I was told that I was brave and that they were happy for me. With every single hurdle or fallback, there are fewer and fewer times they ask about me or about this process. They disappear. It is easy to root for the winning team, but when times get harder, and you would need them the most, the cheering crowds disappear... Feeling a little lonely right now...
I think part of it is people not wanting to add to your pain. My best friend and I were both trying to get pregnant at the same time (she as a couple, me alone). We both had a very hard time getting/staying pregnant and even though she is my best friend in the entire world, we didn't talk about it much. We kept each other updated on the progress, but basic details no in-depth talks like everything else in our lives. It was a painful topic for both of us and so we just didn't discuss it.
ReplyDeleteNow we both have kids and everything it back to normal - if not better.
Hang in there!
Maybe you are right...
ReplyDelete